Nothing makes you look older than those wrinkles in your forehead from your frustration with LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Take the following quiz to assess your comfort level and readiness to dive in to social networking:
Q 1. Describe your current relationship with technology. Select one:
- I don’t understand “technology.” I have this flip telephone. It’s all I really need. Come to think of it, I never even use it.
- My teenage son/daughter/neighbor set up my linkedin/facebook account. I never look at it — not sure I need to.
- Secretly, I know I should figure out the facebook thing, but I’m not sure where to begin. And, I’m a little embarrassed to ask. Maybe some day when I have time.
- I love all things digital! #sentfrommyiPad2
If you chose #4, thanks for your time. Feel free to get back to your multi-tasking digital life. Be sure to send your friends my way!
Otherwise, please continue.
Q 2. It’s official, we’ve now moved from the Industrial Age to the Digital Age. Why is learning more about social media important? Select all that apply.
- Social media?
- I hear that internet thing is really catching on.
- Learning new things will keep my brain active and flexible.
- Learning about new technology and all that stuff online will make me look and feel at least 10 years younger.
Q 3. Which statement describes you best?
- I’ll stop by Borders and look for a book about technology.
- Do you think my teenage daughter/son/neighbor can tutor me?
- I would try to figure it out for myself if I had the time.
- I’m ready to learn more!
If you selected mostly 3s and 4s to the questions above: Congratulations! You are slowly inching closer to the online world and are ready to dive in to all things digital.
I know it can be intimidating to figure it out on your own, especially when you are unsure where to begin.
That’s where I come in … I’m happy to be your guide. And, help you look 10 years younger! If you are interested in learning more, contact me at email@example.com. Tell me what you’re most concerned about and where you’d like to be in the Digital Age.